Sunday, April 5, 2009

God's Provison

Years ago many of my friends and family members were prompting me to make a CD of my original music. I dug my heels in for quite some time. I guess deep in my heart I didn't feel I was good enough for something like that. After many prompts I agreed that I would pray about it and seek confirmation from the Lord. Sure enough after praying about it one evening, the next morning I found in the scripture to "publish my works. Sing to the world a new song."


At that moment I truly felt the Lord say that I should move forward with this project - and so I did. I raised all of the support that I needed for the project except the last $1,000.00. Suddenly everything came to a halt. At first I waited patiently but then when the months started passing by I became worried. After six months I started pleading - After nine months passed, I started trying to figure out who I could call and borrow the money from - and as it drew closer to a year I started getting angry - and with God! I became a complete mess. At the same time this was going on, no one called and asked, "Where's my CD?" No one harassed me for their product. No one approached me about any of that - they simply waited for it to come forward. After wrestling about the funds and coming to the conclusion that I could do nothing about it - I simply gave up. I surrendered. I threw my hands up in the air. I put the breaks on all of my dysfunctional emotions and released them to the Lord.

Sometimes our journey lessons do not come easily. Sometimes our journey moments and lessons are a process and take a little longer than we would like. The Israelites spent 40 years in the desert. They received lesson after lesson and yet so often they didn't "get it." Their lessons were difficult and trying. Their lessons involved becoming emotional, waiting upon the Lord, and trusting; something we all struggle with.

But God is God and all of His wisdom is greater than our thoughts or minds and we do not get to see the big picture of the puzzle until He reveals it. About a week after I surrendered everything to the Lord, I received a phone call from a woman, an older woman, who had no idea I was doing a recording project. She simply said, "Tina, I have something I would like to bring over for you."

It is not unusual for us to receive pies and goodies like that - being a pastor's family. She rang the door bell, I waited, and she handed me an envelop. She told me that she would have had it sooner but was waiting on it to come in. I didn't know what "it" was until I opened the envelop and saw the check written for $1,000.00. My heart sank. I cried. I felt horrible that I had put up such a fit about the finances when the Lord had it all figured out after all.

You see - during that waiting period, God placed upon the heart of another to bless me. He was waiting on her to act on that - she was waiting on the money so that she could act - and the Lord blessed me on the project in the meantime. God is good. He does know what He is doing. He will take care of you.

May your journey this week be a journey of hearing and waiting patiently upon the Lord - and may you see the miracle when it arrives.

No comments: