Thursday, March 5, 2009

I've Been Sick


Hello All -


I am so sorry I have not blogged in almost a week but I had the flu along with two other members in my family. As you can imagine I have been busy taking care of them and myself! I hope to get back into blogging this next week.


I hope your journey has been going well and you are finding God in the details of it all. When the Israelites first left Egypt they had no idea how to follow God, find God, or see God. We learn from Exodus that God created those moments where He tried to teach, guide, and reveal Himself to the Israelites. The Israelites had great difficulty in understanding that God was the only true and one God; that the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob could be the only God they would ever need. The Israelites were raised, generation after generation, in Egypt and understood that the Egyptian culture was to follow and worship many gods. The Egyptians created a god for almost everything. Part of God having the Israelites wonder around so aimlessly in the desert was to teach them that God is the only true God.


Sometimes our lessons do not come easily - as exampled by the Israelite's journey - however - the lessons do come, God is teaching, God is trying to lead us, and we can find Him in the details of our journey.


Praying for a successful journey!


Remember To:


  • Focus on Him daily

  • Get to know Him - you cannot follow someone you do not know- read the Word

  • Look for the signs - He can speak to us through resources

  • Take notice of the people you come into contact with - God can speak to you through them

  • Watch out for those unusual events and moments - what is going on?

No comments: