Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ear Plugs and Saw Dust

Okay - I know that little boys who bang on pots and strum baby guitars eventually grow up to be young teens playing their hearts out in a dark and dirty sock smelling basement. I have had many days of forcing the neon orange earplugs into my ear sockets and waiting patiently (well most of the time) for  band practice to end.

"You won't get to hear this much longer," my husband reminds me.

"I know"  The thought of it forces my emotions to surface. So I grin and try to remember the little things. This journey has been a great one. I have been an eye witness to their growth! What an amazing opportunity the Lord gave me. I remember the small steps, perseverance, broken strings, and broken cymbals. I will not miss the accidental vacuuming up of the guitar strings running loose throughout the house or sweeping up mounds of wood chips from the drum sticks. Yes it has been quite the journey.

So today - though it is another small step  - it is a huge step for my sons. To play warm up for a band called Sheridan is a wonderful opportunity! Yes the journey has been something and though I often complain I know that one day I will really miss this part of the journey.

No comments: