Monday, March 9, 2009

Every day is a new day and each day brings something - whether frustration, exhaustion, or excitement, there is something to grab hold of. Yesterday was a day of the unexpected for me as well as the expected. While on my way to a church as the guest worship leader, I did the expected - got lost. Though a good sized church it literally is out in the middle of nowhere. People are amazed that this church out in a dry field miles away from any town could be growing so much.

My husband decided to show me a short cut down the back roads. Well of course I took a wrong turn and everything ended in disaster - well almost. Besides the time change, I also had an hour drive to get there and was now on a time crunch - praying the whole time that no policemen were out on this Sunday morning. (sorry Lord for speeding)

While I had an idea I might be on the right road, I could not see any of the road signs due to the blazing sunrise. My sunshades had no effect on the intense glare. I was now driving right into the bright light and could hardly stay on the road. I drove a long while still unsure if I was going the right way or not. Now frustrated and losing my mood for worship, I cried out to God with, "I need some help Lord! I really need help!." Still speaking to God I said, "I have no idea where I am. I can't see a thing! How will I ever find this church! Help me, please Lord."

Suddenly at that very moment a patch of fog moved swiftly in front of the glaring sunlight covering it and allowing me to finally see the road and roadsigns. I looked up at it and smiled - giving God a huge thank you from my heart and then I noticed something else. At the end of the patch of fog covering the sun - and only in that spot - was the tip of a rainbow. There at the bottom of the patch was a section of a rainbow! "Where did that come from?" I thought. I had to giggle. At that very moment I really felt the Lord saying, "Tina, the church is here - at the end of this rainbow."

So I followed the rainbow. I followed in that direction. With the help of my map that I could now see and the placement of the rainbow I traveled right to the church without any further problems. Thank you Lord!

Sometimes we face frustration and anxiety while on our journey. It is absolutely okay to cry out to God during those times of need. Remember that Moses faced so many oppositions and frustration while on his journey - but each time he always went to God, sought direction, and then paused for God to speak. Look for the signs - God does speak and he does care about guiding his children toward the rainbows.

No comments: