Monday, April 23, 2012

A Call Worth Making


This past week while working on a chapter for my book, I read something I had read a million times, worked through something I had heard preached more than once, and understood the miracle of the moment - yet again. But this time something struck me in a different way.

Lazarus died and was raised from the dead.  With great authority - Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!”  (John 11:43 NIV)  Lazarus came forward without hesitation. While driving home that day I thought about the details of that moment. In the silence I heard God say, "I can do the same for others."

"You can do what Lord, " I asked.

"Speak it - Proclaim it - Believe it, " He said.

Suddenly I heard the words being shouted at me, "Come out! Come out!"

I understood this, I had heard it said before, I believe it can happen - but this time it was different. God said fill in the blank   "                       Come out!"

Whatever it is that we are struggling with - having a hard time living with - "Come Out!"

Sickness - Fear, Depression - "Come Out!"

Sadness - Loss - Isolation - "Come Out!"

Insecurities - Anger - Disappointments - "Come out!"

Bitterness - Jealousy - Anxiety - "Come Out!"

Rise up and speak it with conviction and an overwhelming desire to have it. Speak it in Jesus' Name! Through Christ it can happen. Want it - fight for it. Jesus wants to free us from the dark tomb where we have kept those things buried and raise us up to live - just like he did for Lazarus. Make the call my friend -

I can't imagine what went through Lazarus' mind when he walked out of the dark tomb and into the glorious light. Now that was a moment worth living.



May Your Journey Be Filled With Living 

No comments: