Monday, February 14, 2011

The Heart of the Journey

On this day, this hour, this moment there are many people who are journeying with a crushed spirit and a crushed heart. While others are racing to the store to buy delicious chocolates, roses, and goodies for their sweethearts others are in great despair.

Perhaps it is despair from the loss of a loved one, despair from the break up of a relationship, or despair of feeling lonely and empty inside. Though this bright beautiful day is meant to be celebrated between new found love, new friendships, and new journeys, (and it should)  it is also a dark day for many others.

Over the weekend my heart ached as I observed friends experience a love unreturned, an act meant for love but filled with self, and spirits completely crushed. Today I was reminded that many others may be experiencing that as well.

In my quiet time this morning I found that:

Psalm 34: 18

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
he rescues those who are crushed in spirit."   

If this is a day where you find your heart - not completely all together - then may you be reminded of a love that will not falter, will never be shaken, nor torn from you. It is and will always be a love that will never wonder far away. May your spirit be refreshed this day knowing and understanding that the one close by has the power to mend your broken heart and restore your crushed spirit. God is the heart of our journey.

2 comments:

ed bennett said...

Tina I really like what you said. It is really hard for me with my broken relationship and the despair of lonely feeling is so hard to take. This is the darkest days of my life no wife on kids and i fill im all alone. My heart hurts so bad for my loved ones that wont nothing to do with me it fills my heart has been taking from my body.

Unknown said...

Ed,

Such honesty. Thank you. Sometimes our darkest days can become our best days - for that is when we call upon the Lord and settle beneath the shadow of his wings. Don't try to hide in the darkness -rather turn to God. Psalm 139 says that the darkness to Him is as bright as the day - we can never escape from his presence or spirit. He hears your heart. He will mend your shattered spirit. Trust in him.