Monday, April 30, 2012

Burning Desire to Praise

What is it about a sunset or sunrise that takes our breaths away? The glistening glow hanging overhead captures us. It is the hand that controls it that grabs my attention.

I stand in its grandeur - I stand in awe - I stand and allow the view to penetrate my soul.

My eyes receive its glorious splendor

My body swells with emotion - - not only of its magnificence but of its love - - yes a love for the one who created it.

The colors sift through my flesh - floating deep within - like a cloud. It is lovely in every way.

I praise Him oh my soul!

I picture Him there 

The great artist from above painting on His large canvas

The mountain burns like fire

I feel its warmth  

The heavens, the sky, the clouds - - they all praise him 

I praise Him




"Praise the Lord
Praise the Lord, you his servants;
praise the name of the Lord.
Let the name of the Lord be praised,
both now and forevermore. 
From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,
the name of the Lord is to be praised.

The Lord is exalted over all the nations,
his glory above the heavens. 
Who is like the Lord our God,
the One who sits enthroned on high,  
who stoops down to look
on the heavens and the earth?"

Psalm 113

No comments: