Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Robin

The robin sat perched upon the wooden fence. Happy - content. Earlier that day I caught a glimpse of it grasping at the worms in the soft soil. It tugged and pulled - tugged and pulled until it's breakfast gave way.
Now it sits beneath the budding crab apple tree - stomach full and satisfied.

I watched as the bird basked in the glory of the moment. It did not move for a while.

What a sight! I said to myself. What you cannot see in this picture is the fresh snow falling from the sky. It looked as if God had taken his big sifter, sat silently above, and dusted the earth with his beautiful fresh powder. Gentle - soft - silently it fell. The robin sat in the sweetness and lavished every moment.

I listened to the Lord as he spoke in that second. "A new journey begins Tina." A picture that symbolized the bursting of spring and yet at the same time a sweet snow fell as a reminder of the past. I had now captured the crossing over - a moment when one steps out of one journey and into another. Spring is coming. Winter is leaving. Changes will be made, growth will happen, and life will go on. I leaned against the door in the coolness of the morning and thought, "Lord you hold my spring and all that it has for me. May I lavish every moment - may I sit and bask in the glory of it  . . . just like the robin."

No comments: