Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sack Full of Trouble

Change. Do we like the word or hate it? Why is it so difficult to bring about change in our lives? I admire those who have settled, dug their feet in, and have determined with their whole heart that they will make a change in a certain area of their life. Our journeys are filled with change. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the "not so good."
I am not so strong in that area. I come up with many excuses as to why I am delaying, why I don't want to, why I can't. I know the change is better for me. I make the decision to change but something always gets in the way.

Recently I decided that I wanted to make a change in my life. . . for the better. I decided that I wanted to dig me heels in. I decided that I wanted to stand firm in my decision. I decided to lose weight! Yes! I want to stick with something for once that could enhance my life forever!

I shared with my husband and we decided to do a reality show at home and between the two of us - "The Biggest Loser"

I thought, "Okay I can do this!" I printed out the things I could eat and not eat. I planned the meals in my head. I had everything in place. I knew I would go through caffeine withdrawal and carb withdrawal. (Both of which I Love!!) I was ready!

This morning I awoke with a pretty severe headache. "Okay - my first sign of withdrawal," I thought. It wasn't too long after my husband took our son to school when he came into the room carrying a paper bag full of breakfast goodies.

"Look what I brought you hon!" He sounded so excited.

"Sweetie!" I called out with great conviction.

"Okay - if you don't want it!"

There I was - stuck with a huge dilemma. I pondered in my head, "Do I hurt his feelings by not taking it?" "Oh but I really don't need it." "But it smells so good!" I ended with, "Oh, just bring it here!"

Bite by bite all I could think about was the smirk on his face and I'm sure he was giggling inside at the thought of sabotaging my progress.

Shame on you honey! So once again it comes down to a few things I wrote in my last few blogs.

"I get to choose" . . . and . . . "finding my voice" (The right voice)


Thank you Lord for second chances, opportunities to grow, and new tomorrows.


Oh! - I didn't eat the hash browns.

2 comments:

Leytonrhys said...

The hash browns are the best. If McDonald's served them all day, I'd get one now.

Unknown said...

LOL- I love them too! I was trying to be good. :)