Saturday, April 6, 2013

Touched Up

My friend, Dena Dyer, recently introduced me to picmonkey. I must say I am loving it! It is quite amazing what one can do to transform a picture. I've taken one of my own photos and tried to tweak it a little. What do you think? I didn't add too much, but enough to soften it, shade it's imperfections, to brighten it's glow.




While working on the photos, something hit me. We do the same thing! Don't we touch up those rough spots, cover the blemishes, and put on our "color" of the day? or perhaps even a mask to hide who we really are and how we're really feeling?

I'm guilty of it myself. Truly God wants to see the REAL YOU and me. How do we find our voices, try to speak the truth in love, become everything Christ wants us to be? Taking up His Word and concluding, this is what I will carry with me today? How do we slowly take away our "fake" behaviors and become transparent with ourselves as well as others? How do we allow others to be transparent?  How do we respond in those moments?

My friend, I wish I knew an easy answer. All I know is when we put on Christ's character, somehow, our flesh minimizes and we become everything He is. . . and we're not.
Here's the real photo -
Some of you may say - "I like the original better."
Whatever you're going through today, strive to be open with God, yourself, and others. I promise, the real one will shine through much clearer and brighter.

Enjoy your journey today!

No comments: