Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rita's Journey - A Precious Stone

"My husband and I had done errands and seen a movie. During a stop at the supermarket, I felt something sharp on my left hand. I was shocked to find the prongs on my engagement ring empty. No diamond! As we re-traced our steps through the store, I prayed for God to help us find the stone. The search turned up nothing. After leaving name and phone number with the cashier, we left for home. The manager had told us he would have the store swept. During the drive home, we considered asking our insurance agent if the company would pay a claim for a new diamond. I was already missing the stone I had worn for 43 years. The house was searched in the areas where I thought it could be. No diamond. The stone could have fallen in any one of the five places we had been that afternoon. As I put away the groceries, a strong urge grew to go take a look in the back seat area of my car. I opened the car door, and there was the diamond shining against the black floor mat. It never looked more beautiful. My immediate response was a joyful, "thank you, Lord; you are awesome."

Rita H.

As you can imagine Rita's precious stone could have been anywhere. What I love about Rita's journey moment is that she yielded to the discernment of the Holy Spirit. That nudge and pressing from the Lord could have been easily pushed aside. Who knows how long it would have taken for Rita to find her stone as well as relief. The Lord wanted her to have that relief and to have her precious stone. Rita listened to the prompting and obeyed. We all have those moments when we second guess our feelings and thoughts but just suppose the Lord is trying to speak to you - get your attention - teach you something at that very moment. Do we yield or do we push it aside? If we listen He will guide us - He will teach us - and He will lead us to those very precious stones that we can grab hold of and take with us.




May your journey be successful today and may you find God in all things.

No comments: